PASSED: Cuban Food and Salsa
November 25, 2021
Mocitos Cuban Corner
Join Mocito and Stephan for a fun and delicious evening that will transport you to the land of Cuba and Trinidad and Tobago.
Join us a for Cuban Dinner cooked by the 2 wonderful chefs followed by a Salsa workshop conducted by Mocito.
On the menu are Cuban Classics, with also plenty of options for vegetarians and vegans.
First you will be enjoying a traditional Cuban Creole Dinner, for which you will have the choice of the following dishes:
– Ropa Vieja (beef stew)
– Pollo en Salsa (small chicken legs in tomato sauce)
– Camarones Enchillados (shrimps in tomato sauce)
– Ratatui de Moso (vegan ratatouille)
The meals come with Ensalada (mixed salad) and on of the following side dishes:
– Arroz Congri (rice boiled in meat broth, with herbs and black beans)
– Arroz con Vegetales (fried rice with vegetables)
– Yuca con Mojo (boiled cassave with garlic-lemon oil)
Afterwards you’ll be learning the basics of Cuban Salsa in a 1.5 hour Introduction Workshop. No partner needed.
– Café De Ruimte, Distelweg 83 in Amsterdam Noord.
– By car: parking €1,40 per hour, free parking after 19.00
– By public transport: about 5 minutes by bike or 12 minutes walking from the free Buikslotermeer ferry behind Amsterdam CS or metro station Noorderpark.
ABOUT THE CHEFS
Luis ‘Mocito’. Salazar Tavera is born in Santiago de Cuba. Besides a professional dancer and salsa teacher, and owner of the Amsterdam based Mocitos Dance School, he is also a professional cook. His 2 greatest passions come together with the @Comidaconsalsa concept: cooking a traditional Cuban Creole meal and giving an introduction workshop for Cuban Salsa. Fun is guaranteed! It was his ‘tia abuela’ (great aunt) that taught him how to cook Cuban Creole food with – of course – some secret family recipes!
The Cuban Creole Cuisine is influenced by Spanish, African, Italian, Chinese and Indigenous cuisines and its strength is to make rich, flavourful dishes with what one can get.
Luis’ steady partner in the kitchen is Stephan Duncan, from Trinidad and Tobago. On Thursdays and Fridays he helps Luis in Mocitos Cuban Corner; Luis’ Cuban restaurant in Amsterdam-Noord. On Saturdays they combine forces with the Caribbean Fusion concept: a special meal deal which is a mix of Cuban and Trinbagonian dishes, and even newly created actually fused recipes, as Stephan also runs his own catering company: @callaloohoek
Price – 35 euros ex. BTW
Join us for a delicious and fun evening 🙂