Taste of Uttar Pradesh – Diwali Special 3 Course Meal
November 18, 2023
Join our host Shuchita, for delicious lunch to celebrate Diwali and explore the cuisine of Eastern India.
After a really popular Diwali event, Shuchita is all set to create another authentic Diwali experience for you, and take you to her homeland through her delicious and lovingly cooked home made food.
On the Menu:
1. Bedami Poori: Bedami Poori is a popular Indian bread made by deep-frying a wheat-flour dough stuffed with a spiced lentil (usually urad dal) mixture. It’s often served with side dishes like Aloo ki Sabji.
2. Aloo ki Sabji: This is a simple yet flavorful potato dish commonly prepared in North Indian households. It involves cooking potatoes with a blend of spices such as cumin, turmeric, coriander, and sometimes with tomatoes or onions for added flavor.
3. Chunky Mattar: “Mattar” refers to peas in Hindi. Chunky Mattar typically refers to a preparation where peas are cooked in a chunky or hearty style, often in a thick tomato-based gravy, flavored with spices like cumin, coriander, and garam masala.
4. Dahi Bada: Dahi Bada is a popular Indian snack made of lentil or gram flour dumplings that are deep-fried, then soaked in water to soften. They are then served with beaten yogurt and topped with various chutneys and spices, such as tamarind and mint, creating a sweet, tangy, and spicy flavor combination.
5. Rabri Malpua: Rabri Malpua is a delightful dessert consisting of malpuas (pancake-like sweets made of flour, milk, and sometimes mashed fruits like bananas) soaked in sugar syrup and served with rabri, a condensed-milk-based sweet thickened by slow cooking. The combination creates a rich, sweet, and creamy dessert.
These dishes offer a blend of flavors and textures, common in Indian cuisine, and are often enjoyed as part of a meal or during festive occasions.\
Price – 35 euros per person
Date – 18th november, 2023
Time – 1 PM
Come and join us for this lovely lunch and have a post diwali celebration with shuchita.